by Lena at Lenas café
[Cakes & Cookies]
by Systrarna Lindqvist
1 red pepper
3 cloves of garlic
3 spoons of vinegar
Dry chili powder
Spices you like
1. Warm a big pot with 2 spoons of olive oil.
2. Cut the garlic and add it to the pot.
3. Chop the tomatoes, onion, carrot and pepper in small pieces.
4. Chop the cabbage in stripes.
5. Add the onion to the pot, let it cook. Then add the peppers, carrots and when the blend is soft, the tomatoes. Let it cook under soft fire until you get a nice salsa.
6. Add the chili and all the spices you want.
7. Add the cabbage to the pot and add a glass of cold water.
8. Add salt and the vinegar a few minutes before
9. Let boil for 40 min, occasionally steering.
1. Warm oven on 220ºC. If you have a grill, use it.
2. Fill half of a big enough pot with water and add a teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, clean skin of potatoes. (you can keep the skin on unless they are really dirty or have lots of chemicals on them)
4. Cut potatoes in bitesize pieces.
5. Add to boiling water.
6. Cut cloves of garlic in small pieces.
7. Cook until a fork easily can move through.
8. Put potatoes in colander. No need to keep the water.
9. Pour a royal amount of olive oil in pot.
10. Sauté the garlic golden brown.
11. Add potatoes to the pot.
12. Cover with lid
And shake, shake, shake, shake it like it's hot. (cause it is)
13. After mixing put the potatoes into an oven dish.
14. Sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt (use a lot).
15. Grill in the oven till the skin of the potatoes is crispy. Occasionally stir so the crisp is spread evenly.
4 middle sized potatoes p.p.
1 clove of garlic p.p.
1 tbsp of thyme
salt and pepper to taste
a lot of coffee
1. Measure up water in the pot of the coffee brewer. The pot has marks showing how much water you need for a certain amount of cups. Don’t be fooled. The amount you need for one cup of coffee is twice as much, so for one cup of coffee you need to fill the pot at least to the two cup mark.
2. Pour the water in the coffee brewer’s container for water.
3. Fold the corners of a coffee filter, wet it and put in the coffee brewer
4. Measure up grounded coffee with a coffee measuring spoon in relation to the amount of water according to the formula n+1 (and +2 if the n is 8 or more), where n is the amount of cups marked on the pot (note: not the amount of actual cups you’re making). The golden rule is one spoon per cup and one or two spoons for the pot. (an example if you’re making one cup, you’ll need 2+1 = 3 spoons of coffee)
5. Turn on the coffee brewer (it sounds like a incubator)
6. Be careful with adding milk to your coffee, you don’t want to spoil a proper strong cup of coffee
Colorful vegetables and others for garnish
(onion, carrot, paprika, zucchini)
Rågskorpa with gräddost/cheese
Borgmästaregatan 3, Karlskrona
1. Making rice
Put the washed rice and water in a pot, and Boil about 15-25 minutes (will depend on size and freshness of rice)
2. Making garnish
Slice the ingredients thinly and long.
Add some cooking oil and a pinch of salt in a pan and cook vegetables and others for 2 to 3 mins.
*Start with the brightly colored ingredients and cook them separately.
You can add a fried egg or a poached egg, or you can skip if you are vegan.
3. Making sauce
Soy sauce with 1tsp water, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp sesame oil, minced garlic.
4. Put the rice into a bowl and add colorful garnishes and the egg on top of the rice.
Kanelbulle med pärlsocker
Havtornstartelett med björnbärsmaräng och vispgrädde
Earl grey te
2 package of renskav (frozen and cut reindeer meat)
4-5 dl of cream
black currant jelly
[vegan version use pulled oats instead of renskav and oat cream and oat milk instead of cream and milk]
1. Heat up the pan with a few tablespoons of butter
2. Add one package of renskrev, directly from the fridge (the reindeer meat shouldn’t unfreeze before)
3. Separate the thin slices of reindeer meat over the time of sautéing, when heated the thin slices will start separating and breaking.
4. When all the slices have separated and got a sautéed surface add 0,5-1 teaspoon of salt and two ml measuring spoons of black pepper
5. Add the renskav to a pot
6. Add a few dashes of cream/milk to the pan (around 0,5dl) and steer into the empty pan for a few moments, than pour the cream/milk over the renskav in the pot
7. Repeat the first 4 steps with the second package of renskav (heat the pan, add butter, sauté the renskav, add salt and pepper)
8. When you’ve added the salt and pepper to the second package, add the renskav from the pot to the pan,
9. Add 4dl of cream to the pan and let it simmer of a while
10. Add 2 teaspoons of soy
11. Add 2-4 teaspoons of blackcurrant jelly
12. Taste and see if you need to add more salt, pepper, blackcurrant belly
Serve the renskav with mashed potato and lingonberry jam.
We finished the meal with Ostkaka and red currant jam as dessert.
12 medium sized potatoes
[vegan version use oat milk and vegan butter]
1. Peel the potatoes and divide them into smaller parts
2. Boil the potatoes until they are soft
3. Rinse out the water, add one teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of sugar, 50gr of butter
4. Mash the potatoes while slowly adding milk until you reach the preferred consistency (puré like baby food)
5. Taste and see if you need to add more salt or sugar
by Xenia & Rosa
1. Cut the garlic in little pieces
2. Cut the onions in thin slices.
3. Pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the cooking pot.
4. Add the garlic to the pot, and a couple of minutes later, add the onions.
5. Cook in a medium-low temperature until the onions get completely soft and golden (if you are not in a hurry and have the patience to wait more time, cook them in a lower temperature until they caramelize: it will be even better).
6.Add the water, increase the temperature and spice everything with black pepper, salt and nutmeg (you can also add other spices).
7. Boil everything for at least 20 minutes.
8. Serve the soup in bowls with a toasted slice of bread on the top and grated cheese on the top (you can introduce this in the oven so that the cheese gets a delicious crust).
A lot of white and/or purple onions (depending on the size, but it should be 1/3 of the cooking pot)
3 cloves of garlic
Water (2/3 of the pot)